Join Coleman Hughes and Jayson as they discuss the multifaceted aspects of the anti-racist movement, evaluating its progress and identifying areas of improvement. Coleman Hughes is a writer, musician, opinion columnist, and host of the popular podcast Conversations with Coleman. His work focuses on race, public policy, and applied ethics. Through this engaging discussion, they strive to foster meaningful conversations, challenge assumptions, and pave the way for a more inclusive and harmonious society. You won’t want to miss this episode, so tune in now.
- 4:19 – Who is Coleman Hughes?
- 5:46 – Jayson’s past exploring different viewpoints
- 8:48 – How does Coleman think about race?
- 12:29 – Anti-racist thought leaders, past and present
- 16:09 – The impact of social media
- 21:25 – Has the modern anti-racist movement made progress?
- 26:00 – How do we deal with racism?
- 30:19 – Root causes
- 36:04 – Tribalism
- 43:51 – Coleman’s advice for white people
- 50:47 – Affirmative action
- 53:14 – Positive vs negative life outlooks
- 56:48 – Coleman’s advice for highschool students
- 58:47 – Action steps
Listen more podcast episodes
#Conversation #Race #Color #Blindness #Equality #Affirmative #Action #Coleman #Hughes