Why do people get complacent in long-term relationships? Jayson and Ellen discuss a situation where a couple mutually decided to put their marriage on the back burner to avoid conflict. What are the drawbacks of using complacency as a coping mechanism? Is ignoring your relational needs in order to avoid conflict a sustainable long-term strategy? Tune in to learn how to break out of the complacency trap and get real with your partner today.
- 2:22 – Using complacency to avoid conflict
- 5:30 – Is being complacent okay if it reduces conflict?
- 7:29 – The drawbacks of complacency as a conflict avoidance strategy
- 8:37 – When relationship feels like a demand instead of a gift
- 12:38 – Complacency doesn’t solve underlying issues
- 17:55 – Avoidant people need relationship too
- 20:22 – Is ignoring your emotional needs sustainable?
- 23:04 – Standing for three
- Order Jayson’s book: Getting to Zero
- Sign up to get Jayson’s weekly newsletter via email
- Follow Jayson on social media:
#Agreeing #Mediocre #Relationship #Jayson #Gaddis #amp #Ellen #Boeder