Unsure why certain interactions with loved ones get you so upset? Ever struggle to relate to the hardship of others?
Psychotherapist Sharon Stanley says the issue could be trauma, trauma you may not even be aware you have. Once we assess our own trauma we can begin exercising our senses and become more compassionate to others.
According to Sharon, we owe it to ourselves and to each other to consider the pain in our pasts, only then can we embody true empathy!
- 5:56 – How Sharon became interested in trauma
- 9:16 – What is it like to work with trauma?
- 14:08 – How does being present help treat trauma?
- 23:34 – The cost of not dealing with trauma
- 28:04 – Childhood neglect and trauma
- 33:42 – Issues caused by trauma
- 37:31 – Sharon’s advice for young people
- 39:52 – Action step
#Healing #Relational #Trauma #Body #Sharon #Stanley