What can you learn from divorced people and what can you learn from people who have been married for a decade or two? What are the main differences? There are two and we cover them in this episode with author Mark Manson. We also explore how Mark navigated a big challenge with his now wife and why self-improvement and self-awareness are so essential to long-term partnership.
- 1:03 – Episode introduction
- 4:36 – Mark Manson’s backstory
- 8:52 – Common issues and challenges
- 10:42 – Healthy boundaries
- 15:28 – How important is it for couples to have friends outside their relationship?
- 17:13 – Challenges in marriage and how to get through them
- 26:04 – Is respect more important than communication?
- 31:17 – How school ill prepares us for life
- 33:57 – What can we learn from people who have been divorced?
- 36:50 – Cultivating self-awareness
- 40:38 – Mark’s preferred methods of introspection
- 42:54 – The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
- 46:24 – Action Steps
- Mark Manson’s website
- Masterclass Library
- Enroll in Relationship Mastery
- Order Jayson’s book: Getting to Zero
- Follow Jayson on social media:
#Surprising #Difference #Divorced #People #Married #People #Mark #Manson